Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What our Endocrinologist is not telling us...

I am convinced that we are being misinformed by our practitioners. I believe the information about low carbing is withheld because endocrinologists do not believe we can continue a diet with such a low carb intake for any lengthy period of time. My endocrinologist is just waiting for me to say that I want to resume my old diet (pre-diabetes).
 If someone said to you that you could substantially improve your blood sugars, lower your A1c, decrease your chance of experiencing a Hypo and this was all possible by lowering your carb intake to about 30 carbs a day…. Would you do it? I have. I have found a few sites that reinforce this way of living and treating Diabetes. Overall though, I am astounded by the lack of information out there for those of us who want alternatives to the classic ADA diet! We have to take back our health and we DO have the discipline to stick to a diet that preserves our health now and in the future.
 I hope you will share the journey with me and let me know how you are doing too…

1 comment:

  1. As much as I appreciate all the good intentions of the ADA... I was reading their website the other day and was pretty sad that they said they didn't recommend tight control for some people. They said that hypoglycemia and weight gain are risks that come with tight control. If you eat low-carb those are no longer an issue. Anyway, it is ridiculous to think that tight control is not a good idea for many diabetics. It's how we can reverse the effects of the disease, and low-carb is a large factor.

    ReplyDelete